Monday, March 3, 2008

Only 5 more weeks....

... but lets be honest. I was 10 days late with Caleb and had to be induced. I had not even had one contraction before they hooked me up to the I.V. Then, when he was born the doctor said he looked early. I guess I just cook them long. So, although my due date is in 5 weeks, I probably have more like 6.5 weeks to go. Still not bad.

A few weeks ago, my doctor was worried that I was too small, so he ordered an ultrasound to make sure the baby was still growing. I was really small with Caleb so I wasn't worried. Everything turned out to be fine. The ultrasound technician gave me some profile pictures and one of them I think is funny. One is just a normal baby profile but the other looks like she's laughing with a big open mouth smile.




This baby also moves around a TON. She is constantly stretching, flipping around, or kicking. I hope she doesn't give me a run for my money. Caleb overall has been a pretty easy baby. I don't know if I can handle a high maintenance girl along with a 17 month old boy who does lots of boy things like get into the garbage or call Japan on my cell phone.

High maintenance or easy going, I will be happy to have this baby here and not be pregnant anymore. This sunshine makes me want to go out for a big run and really get my heart going. I'm also excited to see what she'll look like. Babies are so wonderful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...she totally looks like she's laughing in that picture. Love it. Maybe she's yawning. It's flown by..she'll be here before you know it. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is going to be beautiful. I am so excited to see her. Hang in there and enjoy your last few weeks focusing on Caleb. He is so much fun. I loved having him follow me around with the babies on Saturday. He will be a great brother.

Anonymous said...

Not too long now, Lara! How exciting! I wish I could see her in person, but I'll settle for some pictures. You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Yay, the end is in sight. Soak it up while you can. Two is an adjustment. But it's so fun to have one of each. I love that picture!

Anonymous said...

Those pics are great! I'm excited to see her too! Best of luck!
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Lara~
I'm so excited for you. Girls are super fun to shop for. You're so close, but I know that that last month or so feels longer than the rest of the pregnancy combined. At least for me it does. I can't wait to see more pictures of your little princess when she arrives!
love, Sharee