Thursday, November 6, 2008

Little Devil!

What a great year for trick or treating. Caleb is at that fun age where it could be just darling to watch or a total disaster. I admit, my choice for his costume was inspired by the phases he goes through, but he is by no means really a devil. His sweet side is just too sweet and more often than not he is quick with hugs, kisses, "I love yous," and he loves to help me out when I need him. This is the longest he was willing to keep his costume on and he only did it because he was promised CANDY!...

As you can see, I just quickly threw the white shirt over his existing shirt simply because he was willing to wear it and I didn't want to pass that moment up.




The tail killed me! So cute...






He also had his squeaky shoes on. It's hard to appear really devilish when your footsteps sound like the birds on Pixar's short, "The Birds."





I have such a happy guy. He loves to laugh and smile and play, especially wrestling with his dad. Everyday, as they rough house, I can't help but think of lion cubs learning how to hunt by playing with each other. I'm not quite sure what Adam is teaching Caleb, I guess we will see in the years to come. Maybe I'm raising an avid hunter. But, my point about him being happy is that he won't smile on command. He hasn't gotten the point of saying cheese. So, we have been working on the difference between happy faces and sad faces. This is the closest he gets to showing happy. People keep calling it his "Hancock" smile.





He is my sweet heart even though he sometimes likes to hide his sweetness. Sometimes a devil on the outside, but I can't imagine my life without him.


Lucy was an angel for Halloween but she slept through the trick-or-treating. Pictures will be posted later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it. great costume, Lara. That tail is so funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute lil devil!!