Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Baby

We went to see Santa Claus, not on purpose, but just because we were at the mall and there was no line. It was great.

Caleb seemed nervous at first, but I told him to go tell Santa he wanted a Buzz Lightyear and he ran over very excited. He recognizes Santa in pictures so I think he kind of knew what was going on.



Lucy was, of course, all smiles... and sockless, thus the blanket wrapped around her so her piggys don't show. (We were in a hurry and I left without putting socks on her)

Caleb was happy to be there, but he is still in his pioneer picture phase where he looks serious and stoic in all his pictures like they did in pioneer times. We've tried to teach him to show the difference between sad face and happy face. The result is he sucks on his lips for sad face and then yells "happy face" for his happy face which just makes his mouth open really wide instead of looking like a smile that I can use in a pictures like this one with Santa. Oh well.

After we were done, Caleb just sat there on Santa's lap while Santa just kept talking to him. They lady took their picture (because I didn't have my own camera, again, not a planned Santa visit) and we were done so quick. No lines, no crying, smooth as can be. I recommend going at 10 a.m. It's a great time AND the Provo Towne Center Mall's Santa is cute. The University Mall guy they advertise on the bill boards creeps me out a little bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic! I do like that Santa, he has a good look to him...

Anonymous said...

such a cute picture! little lucy is so smiley - look at those cute teeth! seems like most posts i have seen with santa lately the kids are screeming! good job caleb and lucy;) and the cheese grater incident make me cringe! ouch! merry Christmas!