Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby oh baby!

As many of you have noticed, there is a little baby counter on the side of the blog. I thought I would stick it up there before formally announcing to see if anyone would notice, and many of you did! This little blessing is also a HUGE surprise. I mean, humongous. I've been on a roller coaster of emotions since finding out which is another reason we waited so long to say anything

We had our ultrasound yesterday, but all the pictures I got stink, so I won't bother you with blobs of white on a black screen that make no sense to anyone but the doctor. The baby is healthy, though. And we found out that we are having... a surprise! We decided not to found out the baby's gender just to shake things up. We have a boy and a girl so we wanted a little extra excitement this time.

So far, everyone I've talked to raves about how wonderful it is not knowing the gender of the baby and how it adds a lot more excitement to labor. I'll let you know if this is the case for me.

I am due November 9th which means if this little person comes on time, we will have three kids in less than three years! woot woot! I think that deserves some kind of award, don't you?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're my hero.

WOW, Lara!

Congrats!

Elise said...

I could have written that post myself, it feels like!
Congratulations on your surprise! And also I always said, if I ever have a boy and a girl, then I won't find out the gender of the next one. But here I am and I just had to find out. I think being pregnant was all the surprise I could handle. Good for you for waiting, that will be all the more exciting!

Lori said...

I think you do deserve an award! Congrats!!! That's so exciting to wait until the baby is born to know the gender.

Julie said...

Congrats! What a blessing. We didn't find out and loved it (at least, I did). We thought it was a girl the whole time and then popped out little Joseph.

sara said...

I'm glad everything is going well and you have a healthy baby.
3 kids in 3 years is AMAZING! You totally deserve an award.

I love the video on Fathers. Made me cry!

Laura said...

Congrats! Three under three...that's what we've done, and there are hard days, but you're already in baby mode so it is very doable (although church can be a bit chaotic).They grow up so fast, and soon they will all be best play buddies!

Good luck!!!

Nicole said...

Wow, that is so exciting. I hope I can have the patience next time to not find out. You are an amazing mother and you definately deserve an award. I am glad everything looks well.

Johnstun Fam said...

WHAT!! Congrats! We are so excited for you and why didn't you say anything at the dinner the other night! I hadn't read your blog yet, or did you say something and I am such an idiot I didn't notice. Oh I am so excited for you! Yeah!!!! Let us know when your up here next! Congrats again

brenley said...

yay! congratulations! that is so exciting!!!!!!!!!! and i think waiting to find out what it is would be so fun - don't know if i'm that patient but maybe you'll inspire me:) hope all is going well with the pregnancy!

Natalie said...

Holy canoli! Congratulations! I always said that once I had at least one boy and one girl I would wait to find out the gender of my next baby but since all I've had is girls I guess I'll just have to keep finding out! :) Congrats again!

Andrea said...

AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! Love it!!! How delicious! I'm so so so happy for you!!