Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving #3

I am so grateful for my three kids. Motherhood has higher highs and lower lows than I ever expected. I'm sure they will get higher and lower as my babies get bigger.

Lulu has surprised everyone the past few months by exploding with personality, screams and opinions. She was soft spoken and gentle until one day she woke up and decided she was going to stand up for herself. She is still quite generous even though she likes to push people's buttons with "mine" and "no" and tantrums here and there. She loves being a new big sister and is more concerned for Baby Jo's welfare than her mother even, always giving the baby toys and blankets and patting her head or poking her face as much as she can. She is petite as anything, in the 4th percentile for weight and 88th for height. She is also quite clumsy but very tough, not giving in to tears very easily. She is happy in the morning and has a smile like sunshine.




Baby Jo is still introducing herself but she cries very little, sleeps a lot, is a good eater and still loves to cuddle. We've gotten a few little grins out of her but we're still not sure if she was smiling at us or just at some amusing thought inside her head. I am so grateful to have her in our family.



I am so grateful for Baylub, for being first and being so patient as we test and learn our parenting skills with him. I pray almost every night that he will be blessed with a forgiving heart just in case we really screw up. He is very good natured though and I doubt will hold anything against us. He is a great older brother, helping Lulu learn how to wrestle and sharing his toys most of the time. He listens to his parents pretty well for a three year old and loves his daddy. He is definitely outnumbered in our house with lots of girls surrounding him. He is learning how to be gentle with them.


Whenever I think of friends or family who have chosen to not have children of their own for whatever reason, I feel deep down that they are missing the greatest purpose and joy that this world has to offer. People may disagree, but my kids have convinced me that they are the center of the universe and provide my with happiness and joy beyond description. I am grateful for them.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You're kids are so beautiful... I love that one of Caleb by the Christmas tree, it looks like it should be in a magazine or something. Happy Thanksgiving!