Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Old Father Time

So I am slowly getting older. It is slow but it seems really fast. I've been eying the big 3-0 for a couple of years now and I still have one more year for it but I'm still wary of it's arrival.

As my birthday this year has been drawing close, I've been thinking how grateful I am for one more year in my twenties. I was thinking this the other night while brushing my teeth when I looked in the mirror and what did I find? Not one, but TWO gray hairs...CLOSE TOGETHER!!!!

I have had a random strand here or there over the years but THIS,... this is really official. Wow. Gray hair. For my birthday, I am going to treat myself to a trip to Sally's to buy some cheap but wonderful hair dye. I mean, I still do have ONE more year in my twenties before I have to really accept the mortality of my youth. I am determined to enjoy it by being in denial.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

You're nervous about turning 30? Honey I've been freaking about it since I was 27... and guess what I will be in April. Yes that is right. Don't call me with any jokes that day because I'll more than likely be bawling. We need to create a '30' bucket list of sorts. I love your new updates! Many people have grey hairs before they are 30!!! At least we and our friends are aging together right? Sigh... it really isn't that much of a comfort is it...

Elise said...

Just dyed my grays away, too. I think these should be our last birthdays, long live 29!

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Lara! Can't wait to see you guys!

Tabitha said...

I just turned 30 last fall ... it wasn't so bad. Maybe because I don't feel any different. I don't have gray hairs yet, but then again, I don't have 3 kids, I only have 1!