Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall

Southern California is famous for so many things including its weather. I must say, we have taken advantage and enjoyed the time outside. However, I MISS FALL. Autumn here consists of hot and cold intermittent days full of green foliage with a few dying sycamores. Randomly you'll see a yellow tree and maybe a red, but they are rare and surrounded by flowers so their effect is minimal.

Not long after Siya was born, I took an hour to myself one evening and to Home Goods just to window shop. I saw a framed print their that brought tears to my eyes. An autumn landscape with aspens in the foreground. It reminded my of fall in the Wasatch mountains, so, after checking with Adam, I bought it.... and love it. I have my fall now and am satisfied.



1 comment:

Julie said...

I know just how you feel. Fall in Florida is great because it's finally cool enough to go outside, but there's no crisp air or crunchy leaves.