Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Krystal

We had Lucy's blessing on Sunday. It was wonderful. We decided she needed a middle name. I thought it was no big deal when she was born, but I grew up without a middle name and always felt a little left out without one. I figure why pass up the chance to give your child more meaning in their life. I was named after the movie "Dr. Zhivago" which I didn't see until I was in college. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed that I was named after a floozy (she sleeps with quite a few men). Mom always said the actress was just so beautiful and she loved the spelling. In my Russian Novel class at BYU I learned that everything in the book/movie is symbolic, and learning Russian helped (the word "zhiv" or "zhivat" means life or to live) and Lara symbolizes the soul of the Russian people blah blah blah... Anyway, I decided it would be good to give Lucy a name of someone we love to honor them and also give her a role model she can look to. So we gave her Adam's mother's name, Krystal. I was worried the process of legally changing would be really complicated, but since she is under a year, we just had to go down to the county building and fill out a form. Krystal is really an amazing lady and I'm very blessed to have such a great mother-in-law. We didn't tell her before the meeting and she was very surprised.




To make it even more special, Lucy wore the baby shoes that Krystal wore when she was blessed as a baby. I didn't get a good picture of her dress but it was so beautiful, silk with pearl beading up top and a very long skirt that goes like 4 inches past her feet. She was perfect angel during the meeting . It was a really special day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Layray what a great honor to your mother-in-law. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Blessing days are so wonderful. That's awesome that you gave Lucy a middle name. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

That is very cool...your mother in law must of been on cloud nine. That's so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

i love names that have meaning! i bet your mother-in-law felt honored! your little lucy is a doll and looks just like caleb in my opinion! so cute!!