Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello there....

Isn't it the best feeling when you see the first flowers of spring pushing their way through the dirt?

What beauties eh? I don't even remember what this flower is called but it is beautiful.



It's almost magical. It seems so impossible because it's so dead and cold. You think it will never end. But it does, and always sooner than I think. To me, when the bulbs show up, it truly is spring, no matter what the calendar says.




Here is a little dilemma though. So, we moved in the month of August a couple of years ago. I fixed the front garden area by putting in a brick border. The grass had over grown the east end of this little plot so much so that I moved the border back. I didn't want to deal with cutting out so much grass. So last spring, these little beauties show up on the wrong side of the border. There are no other bulbs in the garden except for the ones that I planted. Notice the one straggler on the bottom right of the picture.



So, does anyone know how to transplant bulbs correctly? I guess I should just google it and add order to the chaos of my garden. It's still exciting though.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm excited to get going on our garden again this year. We saw peach trees for ten dollars at Costco today and we almost bought one...even though we'd probably never be here to eat the fruit it would still be fun...we didn't end up buying it, but we may still go back and get one. Anyway, it's going to be a good season in our garden, I can feel it :)

Whitney said...

I totally agree! it's so refreshing to see those first flowers come up and bloom. you know, I don't know how to transplant bulbs but I've been needing to learn the same thing. I know my dad's done it a ton, so I'll let you know if he gives me any good tips. good luck