Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Easter


Lulu is one and we are so happy! So is she. We had a fun two days celebrating her first birthday ever. She really didn't know it was all about her except for when we sang Happy Birthday to her and used her name. Then, she grinned a lot and you could tell she felt special.




So far, our family tradition is the birthday girl/boy has to wear a very special hat. She loved it enough to leave it on her head for about thirty seconds, which, considering her age, I thought was pretty good.

Here is everybody helping her open her presents. Bayleb did pretty well not wanting to keep everything himself.



She also needed help diving into the easter themed birthday cake. I wanted it cute but I'm just not hip enough to make an AMAZINGLY awesome cake with fondant and toys and characters on top. I thought it turned out pretty cute anyways.


If you can't tell, its an easter egg.





Easter was very special. The Easter bunny came to our house and brought some books and candy. He brought Lulu a Berenstein Bears book. I have forgotten how much I LOVE the Berenstein Bears. I want to read it every night by myself when the kids don't want to. It makes me want to collect them all. These are their new Easter outfits that Grandma bought for them. They are so cute.



Looking especially feminine and petite, Lulu weighs only 18lbs at one year old. She is in the 95th percentile for height and the 8th percentile for weight. She eats really well, I think she just got her dad's genes.



Caleb went nuts with the easter stickers that came in the egg dying packs. He loves stickers almost as much as candy!


We hope you all had a wonderful and peaceful Easter weekend.

7 comments:

Robert and Lisa said...

So cute! I thought your birthday cake was a masterpiece. And I bet your kids loved it!

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh! Lucy's easter dress is sooo cute! And I loved her cake. Happy birthday Lulu!

Jon and Shiloh said...

Happy Birthday to Lucy! I love your Easter egg cake!! It's sooooo cute!! Yum yum! It's crazy she is one already. Where does the time go?!

Johnstun Fam said...

That cake is cute! Way better that what I will be able to pull off, probably will be buying one at the store. oh and I totally meant to put that I got that pizza recipe from you...ooops. :) love it by the way!

Elise said...

Happy Birthday to your little sweetie!

Jessie said...

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Lucy!

Sarah said...

Soooo adorable! Happy Birthday Lucy!