Thursday, May 7, 2009

Childhood

It's amazing what childhood experiences can still make you feel 20 years later. So, everyone knows the Disney movie "Enchated"...




...I personally thought it was darling. I LOVE Prince Edward and how he hams it up. Being a little girl at one point in my life, Disney princesses, especially Ariel, still have a special place in my heart.

I recently discovered that some REAL Disney princesses make some cameo appearances in the film, "Enchanted" and I am amazed at how excited I am by seeing my real princesses in real life...on film.

Ever wonder about that random part where Giselle puts a live fish in her mouth and then spits it out? It's a bizarre and subtle reference to the fact that the secretary is the original voice of Ariel! The real Ariel! I keep watching her over and over again trying to hear if Ariel pops out of one of her lines.

Then there is the soap opera that inspires the bad guy Nathaniel. You'll here a small musical reference to "Beauty and the Beast" because the mean woman is the original voice of Belle.

Last of all, as Prince Edward knocks on apartment doors looking for Giselle, a pregnant woman opens the door surrounded by tons of kids. THAT is the original Pocahontas. She's blond, I was amazed to discover.

It makes me so excited to see the real voices of the princesses. So magical!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! I totally need to watch that movie again! Who would have ever guessed?

Johnstun Fam said...

oh thats awesome next time I watch I will have to pay attention. I love the disney princesses.

Keri said...

Geesh! I had no idea about all the appearances of the old princesses! I love that and want to see it again! How'd you know all this stuff?

Nicole said...

I remember loving that movie, I thought it was so cute and clever. I guess I will have to pay closer attention to it when I see it again. I had forgotten about it but I remember having the music and different scenes in my mind for weeks after I saw it, yeah I for sure need to see it again.

Jess said...

I love that you shared this! How did you figure that one out? Do you guys watch the movie lots :)

brenley said...

that is fabulous info! i LOVE enchanted! we listen to the music so much and i think it is such a darling movie. and those are such neat facts. i'll have to watch it again and pick those out this time! thanks for sharing! so full of fantastic info, miss lara!

Jessie said...

That is totally awesome! I can't wait to watch it again and look for these things. How did you figure this out? Special features maybe?