Sunday, August 23, 2009

I really liked this talk. I highly recommend it.



Quote from Elder Russel M. Nelson's talk "The Family: The Hope for the Future of Nations" at the World Congress of Families V in Amsterdam, Netherlands, on Aug. 12, 2009.

"What would happen to the future of nations if the next generation failed to appear in significant number? The answer is alarming! Yes, we would be poorer economically, but even poorer spiritually. Spiritual concerns are of great importance. Spiritually, we need children as much as they need us. They are our spiritual wealth. Children teach us the joy of building goodness that will outlive our own. They teach us the joy of loving someone more than self. That love lifts one to give from the abundance of one's own life to help a child."






5 comments:

Johnstun Fam said...

I like that, thanks for posting it. Where would we be with out our little ones. How are you feeling by the way?

Mandy said...

Thanks for sharing..that was beautiful!

Laura said...

This was an excellent talk! My mom went to the congress and she said that his talk was definitely the highlight!

Whitney said...

I too love plums, but I REALLY loved the quote! it's so so true!

Amy Jewkes said...

update your blog, with lots of pictures, or.....(you dont' want me to finish that sentence)