Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nursery

I don't know about you other moms out there, but I feel like nursery leaders deserve a lot more credit than they get. I vote that they should have a plaque with their picture up on the church wall kind of like currently serving missionaries do. The service they provide me just puts me on cloud nine!

This last week was Lulu's first week in nursery and like her older brother, she loved it. She's been waiting to go. And I for the first time in nine months was able to sit in Sunday school and hear the lesson and not feel guilty for being so distracting. I felt almost giddy, just overwhelmed with gratitude for the nursery leaders for watching my kids for me.





Doesn't she look so grown up? Just in time for nursery, she has beautifully mastered the phrase "Mine!" and executes it at ideal moments when she can push the right people's buttons (like her brother's). I'm sure it comes in handy at nursery.

We had to wait a few weeks to take Lulu to nursery as well as Baylub actually. My doctor, self proclaiming his view to be extreme, said that we shouldn't send our kids to nursery until we could all get the H1N1 vaccine because it can be so horrible for pregnant women. We've been taking turns just staying home from Sunday School for about five weeks.


(This is what not to do to avoid swine flu)

Last Thursday, we headed over to the county health department before they opened to get in line for the newly arrived H1N1 vaccine in needle form that Lulu and I could have. Baylub got the mist a couple days previously. Needless to say, the line was already out the door and wrapping around the building. We waited for over two hours with our wonderful Daddy, munched on Einstein bagels and skittles, and eventually made it in to get our shots. Dad got the mist and Lulu and I got poked. For the rest of the day she kept saying "I brave, Mommy brave, Daddy brave, Baybuh brave..." and so on. Although I kind of take middle ground on vaccines, I was very relieved to get this shot just to avoid any chances. Swine flu is definitely around and is definitely dangerous for pregnant women. I feel empowered. Go ahead, sneeze around me, I'm not scared.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I agree - nursery leaders are amazing! And I feel your pain with missing Sunday School. I feel so guilty when our kids have runny noses, I can't send them to nursery. So we've been switching off weeks to go to church too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this week everyone will be healthy!

Nicole said...

Yeah I agree. Nursery leaders deserve something special, it is amazing what they do in there! Kinnie still isn't going to nursery! Good job getting the shot, I can't believe how close you are with the baby!

Andrea said...

Hey lady, have been thinking about you lately! I hope all is lovely! I love that you're almost on to #3! I wish I was!!!! I love your picts and I can't believe Lucy is old enough for nursery! Time flies!!!

Sharee Gariety said...

I agree those nursery leaders need a plaque. They are angels. I remember counting down those last few months until the little ones could go to nursery, because church is just brutal once they are mobile.