Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teeth

Caleb lost his first tooth. For some reason, this step in his little life has been emotional for me. I haven't been sad sending him to school or other things, but this milestone caught me quite by surprise. He isn't old enough to be losing his teeth yet!


One day, after coming out of timeout he said, "Mom, I can wiggle my tooth." I didn't really believe him at first because I thought he was just way too young. But he does. A few days later, he twisted it out of his gums, no problem and put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy.



I don't know how the tooth fairy works at your house, but here she delivers $.50, two quarters. She is not giving paper money of any kind. The tooth fair also decided to put the tooth in the sandwich bad in her sock drawer because part of her just can't throw away something as precious as a piece of her first born. (Don't worry, she's not keeping it forever, just for now).

His second one is loose now... the tooth fairy is ready and waiting.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Carson lost his tooth a few weeks ago and I felt the exact same way. It was hard to throw away!