Sunday, July 22, 2018

7.1.18

This last week we finally welcomed home our dad. Since we moved up to Driggs at the end of May, Adam has been gone four weeks. He went to Houston twice during the week and then went to Mongolia for two weeks. He brought home some magnets for the kids.

He made it home on Friday the 29th specifically so he could make it to Brian Sichter's anniversary party of the day he almost died in a motorcycle accident. We drove two hours as a family out to Brian's small ranch in Wyoming where I got to meet a few of the men from Jacobs that I had heard so much about but never seen or met. I made them get together for a picture. It was really a wonderful experience. The kids played in a giant gravel pile for two hours. We ate antelope and  talked to many drunk, kind people. Wyoming was beautiful with a long view of three different mountain ranges off in the distance.

Lucy, Caleb, and Jo have learned how to mow the lawn on their own and I'm very proud of them. They of course, are extra motivated to do it for the money, five dollars for the front and five for the back, but I am still proud of their motivation no less.

John-Henry is still not walking but is as cute as can be. Lev is happily still doing quite well with his potty training. He is able to go on his own so often. It's made me think that maybe waiting until they potty train themselves is worth it. I was in the "two in diapers phase" a long time, though, so there are definite pros and cons to both situations.

Adam, Caleb, and Truman all share allergies. Truman came in looking like his dad with allergies.


It made me miss Adam even more. The toilet paper stuffed nose is how Adam has been spending much of his time this summer. Poor guy.

We went to a party celebrating a good friend, Brian Sichter's, one of recovery from an awful motorcycle accident. We drove two hours to his ranch in Wyoming. The children played in the gravel with some neighbor kids and I enjoyed finally meeting many of Adam's coworkers that I've heard so much about and never even seen a picture of. 






So I made them take a picture. 
Adam, Phil Shepherd, Ralph Crawford, Bill Helms, and Brian Sichter.


No comments: