Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thrifty Moms

Why do I find this article hilarious? I don't know. Maybe it's because I know a lot of women who have caught the coupon clipping, gotta be uber frugal bug and I just can't seem to get on the band wagon. Because of that, I feel maybe a little lazy and also look at these women and think "Where do they find the energy and motivation to work so hard for saving pennies?" This article took the saving bug to a new level of craziness. I'm sure this lady, who is pretty much my age and I'm sure is a homemaker, didn't think that what she was doing was illegal at all but instead was listening to the little voice inside her saying "Gotta get more coupons, find more deals, save more pennies, argh!..."

OREM -- An Orem woman has been cited after going too far to get grocery store coupons.

Police were called to approximately 300 West and 100 South in Orem after a woman was seen going through various mailboxes.

A witness wrote down the woman's license plate and called police. Officers tracked it to a 28-year-old.

At her home, police say they found she had a large stack of ads and coupons along with mail from various locations.

The woman told police she was after the Albertsons double coupon ads.

She was cited for theft.

12 comments:

Sara said...

That is so funny! I haven't quite caught that bug either.

Hannah Jones said...

that's crazy! I'm all about a good deal, but I don't spend my nights awake thinking about it!! :)

Sharee Gariety said...

Lara! Hey congratulations! I was just catching up on all your excitement, and saw that your are expecting! You do deserve an award! Best of luck with the pregnancy. I hope you are feeling great. I love not finding out what we are having, by the way. It's pretty fun.

CNG Utah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnstun Fam said...

love it! i work with these ladies some of them can be so mean about their coupons

Mandy said...

HAHAHHAHA!!! What a dork!

Jessie said...

Hilarious! I wonder if that girl feels stupid right now, or if she still thinks what she was doing was totally normal.

Nicole said...

I tried to get on that band wagon and gave up. I don't have enough energy for it either. That is pretty desperate, and pretty funny!

brenley said...

that is crazy! i'm going to try and get on that band wagon when we get back in the states, but who knows what will become of it. i think i'm like you, the motivation and energy has been lacking in that department in the past.

Jess said...

SOOO funny!

Sarah said...

It's hilarious...and very sad!